Rent My House Charlotte
Rent My House Charlotte is provided by Carolina
United Realty. Need help renting your home in or around
Charlotte, NC? We are here to help. We provide tenant
procurement services, which is a great option for homeowners who want to
manage their property themselves. A tenant procurement is when a
company finds a tenant for a homeowner, but the homeowner manages the
property. Rent My House Charlotte will advertise, show, and
qualify tenants for property owners, then once the lease is executed,
the owner manages the property themselves. We will find qualified
applicants and prepare the lease for both the tenant and owner to sign.
We then collect the first month's rent as well as a
full security deposit (typically one month's rent.). A fee equal
to one (1) month's rent is charged to the owner for this service. This
fee will be deducted from the collected rent. We bill the owner for the
difference, if partial rent was collected. We disburse the tenant's
security deposit to the owner to hold for the term of the lease.
1 month's rent
- There are no
upfront fees - no additional advertising
or add-on fees. You do
not pay anything until a lease is
Our fees are very competitive compared to other
Charlotte Property Management and Rental companies. Many property management companies do not allow
the owner to manage the property themselves. We do both
tenant procurements and full service property management in and
around Charlotte, NC.
- Advertise your property - using our websites, Multiple Listing Service
(MLS), Craigslist, Trulia, Zillow, and dozens other websites / listing services.
- Install a professional sign in your yard
- Show your property to prospective tenants
- Screen tenants by investigating credit history, background
checks, employment verification, and landlord references
Prepare a legal lease and all mandatory
disclosures for the tenant and
homeowner to execute
- Collect the
1st month's rent and security deposit from tenants
- Disburse the security deposit to owner
Provide tenant and owner with all
necessary information and paperwork for
Each party interested in renting your home must fill out a detailed
application. The prospective tenant can fill out the application
online or by hardcopy. A sample copy of the online application can be found at:
- Credit, criminal, and background checks are used
- Current and previous landlords are contacted to check previous
- Employment must be verified
- All the details are reviewed with the property owner.
The owner ultimately makes the decision of whether to accept or
decline the prospective tenants, as long as all applicable laws
are being followed.
Why Choose Us to Help Me Rent
My House in Charlotte?
- We have a full-time staff of
leasing agents to show your
property, weekdays and weekends.
All potential tenants are
accompanied by a licensed agent, no
keys are given out.
- There are no up-front fees! You
shouldn't have to pay upfront for
advertising or for a "setup" fee.
We don't get paid until the property
- We are members of the National
Association of Realtors and have a
strict code of ethics to follow.
- Our leases, addendums, and
disclosures were drafted by
attorneys to protect Landlords.
Owner Obligations of Managing a
In an owner managed property, you, as the owner, are responsible for,
in addition to other duties, the following:
- Keep the grass mowed and flower
- Maintain operational utilities -
water/sewer, electric, & gas.
- Maintain the function of all
smoke detectors & carbon monoxide
- Maintain the cleanliness of the
property for showings and make
timely repairs as needed.
- Maintain the operation of all
- Perform a move-out inspection,
asses & repair damages to the
property, if any, that are beyond
normal wear & tear. Itemize
all charges to the tenant's security
deposit within 30 days of lease
Prior to tenants move-in:
- Consider professionally steam
- General cleaning throughout
including, but not limited to,
appliances, baseboards, windows, &
- Replace batteries in all smoke
detectors & carbon monoxide
detectors as required by law.
- Paint as needed.
- Trim bushes & trees, refresh
mulch, & clean gutters.
- Implement all agreed upon Tenant
requests on the Rental Contract &
follow up to ensure the work is
completed before move-in.
At move-in, provide the following to your tenants:
- Keys to the property.
Please make sure to keep a complete
set of keys for yourself.
- Pool keys or passes, if
- Mailbox key & mailbox location
or number, if applicable
- Copy of HOA rules & regulations.
- Garage door openers & garage
- Security system codes.
- Operation manuals for
appliances, thermostat, security
- Maintain a list of preferred
vendors for your property's
- Provide your tenant an emergency
contact other than yourself.
Please do not use our company as
- Collect rent
- Handle any tenant related legal
proceedings & disputes
- Replace all filters - HVAC,
refrigerator, & water filter
- Maintain the proper insurance -
contact your insurance agent
- Provide and install operable
smoke & carbon monoxide detectors on
each level of the home as required
E-mail us at
or call 980-219-8129